On Saturday I had the first portfolio shoot using the X-pro1 with a new model named Kate. It was a studio shoot and an environmental shoot to just get a few basic images of her so that she could get something on the web site of one of the model registers that are available on the Internet these days. i decided that one of these images would make the good basis for a short piece here about working on the is type of image with Adobe Lightroom 4.
Above is the image shot on the X-Pro1 using the 60mm (= 90mm on 35mm) lens which shot at f2.4 @ 1/125 with 400iso. The image is pleasant enough, and I have done some basic adjustments in Lightroom and added a vignette using the vignette 2 preset in the left hand panel.
However when shooting I was concentrating on the face and totally missed the bright highlight over her head so I made a copy of the image and took that into Photoshop just to get rid of that highlight using the rubber stamp tool. I find this easier then playing around with the adjustment in Lightroom. Having made the alteration I then took the image back into Lightroom.
Next I removed Kates moles and made some changes using Brushes. I used the skin softening brush to smooth her skin, and the iris enhance brush to just lift her eyes a little. I also used the normal exposure brush to just saturate a lips a little and came up with this image after just a few minutes work. It is not perfect but it is certainly an improvement on the original with very little effort.